Transition Edinburgh Gathering
Join us for informal shared meal with extracts shown from the seminal French documentary “Demain / Tomorrow” [fully dubbed!] and reflections on the six Edinburgh Conversations held this past winter on pathways to a low carbon capital city. Come and share your ideas on how we can best gain more traction for a community engagement to tackle climate change. 6:00-9:00 pm, Tuesday 20 June at Paterson’s Land Rm 1.18, Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh, Holyrood Road, EH8 8AQ.
Please book your place now at https://te20june.eventbrite.co.uk
“Community Response to Fracking”
Workshop on Community Responses to Extreme Energy – with three Australian activists sharing the experiences and their approaches to disrupting fracking companies in New South Wales.
Thursday 18 May.
Drummond Library G.10, Far corner of High School Yards behind ECCI, 12 Infirmary St EH1 1LT. Register at https://frack18may.eventbrite.co.uk
“Edinburgh Conversations 2016-17”
“To raise awareness and lay the foundations for a Low Carbon Edinburgh”
- Meet to build capacity and resilience in Edinburgh communities.
- Share experiences of reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, so increasing knowledge and strengthening the Transition Edinburgh network.
- Raise awareness of the Edinburgh Sustainable Development Partnership, the scope of the Sustainable Energy Action Plan and the Edible Edinburgh Food Charter.
- Promote engagement by all stakeholders in the city, whether established businesses, new starts or small community groups.
- Issues raised will potentially inform and take forward the work of a community Energy Hub and Edible Edinburgh.
Conversation 1 – Building Emissions
Wednesday 21 September 2016- time 1.30 – 4.30
Venue: Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation (ECCI), High School Yds, Infirmary St EH1 1LZ.
Conversation 2 – Food Matters, our choices affect climate
Wednesday 26 October, 2016 – time 18.00 -20.00
Summerhall, 1 Summerhall Square EH9 1PL
Conversation 3 – Local Energy
Wednesday 16 October 2016
Fairmilehead Church, 1a Frogston Rd West, Edinburgh EH10 7AA
Conversation 4 – Clean Transport, Less Pollution
Wednesday 25 January, 2017 – Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation High School Yards, Edinburgh EH1 1LZ. Councillor Lesley Hinds, Convener of TfE with Keith Stark, Enterprise Car Club , Enrique Troncoso from the Orkney Clean Transport project and Emilia Hanna, Local Air Pollution Campaigner, Friends of the Earth.
Conversation 5 – Circular Economy, Managing Resources Responsibly
Wednesday February 22, 2017
Venue: Out of the Blue, Out of the Blue Drill Hall, 36 Dalmeny Street, Edinburgh EH6 8RG
Conversation 6 – Solar Power
Wednesday March 22, 2017
7 Bristo Square, University of Edinburgh EH8 9AL.